Quotes

an invitation to endless wonder
-warehouse 13

Friday, July 2, 2010

Holiday Weekend!

What are your plans for the holiday weekend? I am crafting! My goal is to make 5 more bags for my swap partner-along with starting work on the clock and tv table. I am also trying to figure out how to make charms for each Doctor. My other plan is to finish more of KC's quilt. This week I have sewed two rows together and I am pleased to report that it is working. It's a little slow going due to the brocade fabric I am using but over all it's working. 

On Sunday I will be celebrating the 4th! Ever since I was a little girl we have spent the 4th at my grandparents beach property. My entire extended family comes out and it's wonderful. When I was younger I loved coloring shells and sand with smoke bombs, as I got older I was trying to keep the boys from shooting fireworks at each other. Then in my teenage years I spent time writing in my journal by the light of the fire/fireworks and burning the edges of the pages. (I once had a crush on a boy who was born on the 4th of July.) Now older still and back to coloring shells and sand with smoke bombs-teaching it to the younger ones and still trying to keep the boys from shooting fireworks at each other. Everyone brings all kinds of yummy food-fried chicken, corn on the cob, watermelon, baked beans, and crazy amounts of desserts along with S'mores makings. We have a proper bonfire as soon as the sun starts to set to roast the marshmallows. At the end of the night I was always tired, salty, sandy, sunburned, and happy. This year I will be trying a photo recipe that I found on Me Ra's blog (merakoh.com) on how to take better fireworks photos. I will post what happens. 

I hope that you have a wonderful 4th of July and are safe and happy with the ones you love. 

Love
Stefanie

1 comment: