Quotes

an invitation to endless wonder
-warehouse 13

Friday, June 25, 2010

Opening Credits

I watch quite a bit of tv and the one thing I have always enjoyed about shows are the opening credits. Over the years most shows have cut there credits down to just a title and I miss the days of full scores with photos of the cast members. Each new season waiting to see what they have updated. I like later in the season as well when I start to be able to place the clips in the opening credits. 

Here are my favorite opening credits for tv shows:

Firefly-I love the song as well as the photos and font. I always watch this one the entire way through.

Psych-This is one of my favorite theme songs, I watch this one the whole way through because they change it often and you don't know what you are going to see. 

The West Wing-I love the music to this and like all the photos. 

Gilmore Girls-Once again love the theme song. 

Monk-Genius opening theme song always makes me smile.

Old School ER-I grew up with ER and couldn't believe it when they changed the music. I loved the full version with Mark sliding in his chair and Bennet fist punching in the hallway. 

Kim Possible-Call me, beep me if you want to reach me...

Roswell-Perfect theme song, enjoyed the alien writing for the aliens names. 

Doctor Who-I had this turned into a ringtone, it makes me so happy. 

Smallville-Another theme song that fits the show. 

Grey's Anatomy-I like how this show took away the opening credits and just do the title with the sound. I feel that it fits so well.

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch-This show was always fun for the different outfits she would wear. Later after she went to college it wasn't as fun.

Clarissa Explains it All-A very early show that I enjoyed the credits of. I liked the way it melded into each other. 

NCIS, CSI, NCIS, LA, Bones-all the same type of show, all with music that makes you want to dance. 

The O.C.-I was really only a fan of the first season, but I love the opening credits. 

Degrassi-The early seasons after the old seasons, I love that they made references to the old series but keep it fresh. I like the theme song as well. 

I am sure there are many more but I can't think of them right now because it is late and I am getting sleepy. Do you have a favorite?

That's all for now...
Stefanie

1 comment: